April 17, 2009

As I chew over....

Driving to work today, I came across a scene today. I dare to call it a 'scene' because I slowed down for 10 seconds and drove on. Now I sit at my desk and wonder what else should/could I've done.

Traffic had slowed down at the stretch near Lado Sarai Petrol pump; all I could figure out during the 10 seconds when I pressed the brakes in my car and slowed down was this.....A group of people were standing around a body. Two were trying to revive him through CPR. Others were standing and looking. I remember thinking "Should I stop?" What would I do if I do stop? Someone, hopefully, must've called an ambulance. Someone, hopefully, would take him to the hospital. As I strained through the rear view and hoped to find a moving body, praying for God to help him, my colleague who'd seen it too broke the silence and said "I made burger yesterday.".

No comments:

Burn in hell, please.

As you leave, without a soul by your side,  I hope you finally saw the dark side of your deeds. The curses that turned to flame will continu...